Quoting Amichai Rotman, from the post of Tue, 17 Feb:

> I didn't know it is possible to remove the U3 system and that is why I
> refrain from buying the Cruzer hardware. I don't use it or plan to use it,
> so I will follow Shahar's advice and remove the U3 system.

the U3 controller is a cute concept, you can resize the partitions
making the "devices" if you have access to the API but they are keeping
that a secret.

however the U3 software is lame. Lexar is not much better. (both are
Israeli develpments, btw.)

If the autoplay bothers you then do like me, just turn off the autoplay
feature for all plugable devices (google for the right registry key)

half a year ago I upgraded from a 4G Lexar to a 16G contour
because they were the fastest around at the time I bought them, I also
own two older 4G cruzer micros, which I now use for MP3 in my car, it
has no problem ignoring the "cd" device and playing my podcasts and
music just fine. also I have never encountered any GNU, Mac or Win
machine that hated any of my DoKs.

don't own an 8GB though, but 16GB is a-OK.

--
For a freaky time call
Ira Abramov