Hi,

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 06:12, Ira Abramov <lists-linux...@ira.abramov.org>wrote:

> None give KVM/Qumranet, OpenVZ and the rest even the tiniest mention.
>
> know anyone using it in production at least, and are they professionally
> happy with it?

We use both KVM and OpenVZ. We are happy with OpenVZ but not so much with
KVM.

The KVM has rudimentary support for Audio inside of virtual machine and
works unacceptably slow with Vista. The management tool (ubuntu 8.10) is not
intuitive and does not expose as many knobs as we would like to see. IMHO
KVM needs about a year to get usability comparable to mainstream
virtualization technologies.

Both technologies are robust enough, in the sense that when they work - they
work.

--
Arie