On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 19:24:29 +0200
Dotan Cohen <dotanco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Just FYI:
> >
> >   - I happened to be today at an Ivory shop  (http://www.ivory.co.il/)
>
> A friend had bought a computer from Ivory last year, fully assembled
> in case with PSU and it costs less than I could have built it for her
> just buying the CPU, memory, motherboard, and drives separately. It
> had a dual core Intel processor, 1GB ram, and it ran Kubuntu just
> fine. They seem like a decent shop with very good prices. She didn't
> have any problems so I don't know how their service is, though, but it
> is good to mention that I know at least one happy Ivory customer.

We've had a good experience with an msi, the wifi died, and after a couple of
days we got a phone call saying that there was no hardware problem but they
replaced the wireless anyway (?!? and that is after I checked with a new xp
installation and ubuntu to make sure that it was actually dead, go figure).
Anyway now hastle and the wireless is working again.

the keyboard is a far way off compared to a t61 that we also have and a
friends macbook air (amaizing keyboard, if it only wasn't so expensive and had
more than one touchpad button)

On the other hand a friend of mine wanted to buy a dell from them, they said
that they have it in stock and he can come see it, and when he came they said
that they don't have it in stock and he needs to order it in (without seeing it
first), so he went off to buy it somewhere else