With all due respect to dan (and I really do!), what he sais was BS, and
nothing to do with your problem. Now his answer is tagged and in the future a
nn00b will read it and boom! he is doing stupid things.

Execute "qtconfig" (in a shell window, or the
plasma-krunner-control-f2-thingie).

Move to the "Interface" tab, choose "Enhanced support for languages written
right-to-left" and restart the X server (alt+control+backspace).

Now in kmail you can choose the display direction (only display!) by pressing
control+shift like on windows.