I am using Babylon on Linux. It is free and accessible from their website.
We have made a Firefox search plugin for their service long time ago.

Hebrew Wiktionary (sister site for the well-known Wikipedia) can be served
as a good online translation service. http://he.wiktionary.org

2009/4/1 Arie Skliarouk <sklia...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> An immigrant from Windows asked me about hebrew-english and english-hebrew
> dictionary for Linux. Quick google search haven't produced anything
> meaningful.
>
> For now they are using http://milon.morfix.co.il/
> but it is relatively slow, requires internet connection, and is not
> integrated into desktop (they want to highligh a word, right-click and get a
> translation).
>
> What are people using?
>
> --
> Arie

Tomer Cohen
http://tomercohen.com
Samuel Goldwyn  - "I don't think anyone should write their autobiography
until after they're dead."