Hi All,

I am trying to use vanilla kernel on Ubuntu host.

The problem that althogb my IDE disk is recognized during boot process
( I see messages hda disk, partitions hda1, hda2, hda5 -- as it should be)
the system comes finally to BusyBox prompt and I do not see any /dev/hda created

The boot message also advises me to use probe_mask parameter of ide_generic module and I am tried this : - passed it to mkiniramfs command in InitRamfs module configuration file and on boot command line too, but to no success because I see the the same advice again.

Pleasa advice.
Lev