Hi Amichai,

All the netbooks that are in the market today will work with any
modern Linux distribution (Ubuntu 8.X, 9.X, OpenSuSE 10.X and up,
Fedora 9 and above, RHEL 5 and above, Debian Lenny, etc) since those
netbooks all use the same Intel crappy chipset which has Linux support
for few years now.
Many of the netbooks do not include Bluetooth, so you might to check
the specs, but the bluetooth is supported on the newer Linux
distributions.

NVidia's latest chipset for nettops (and soon probably some netbooks)
- the ION is supporting Linux, although the fancy stuff (HDMI, 3D
graphics) will require a binary only driver.

Good Luck,
Hetz

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Amichai Rotman <amic...@iglu.org.il> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am writing to both lists because I think the problem of bouncing
> mails on the Linux-IL list still persists - at least for me...
>
> I want to buy a Linux friendly netbbok, preferably Ubuntu 8.04 friendly.
>
> My requirements:
>
> Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, comfortable keyboard.
>
> I'll use it mainly for on the go Media Player and some basic browsing.
>
> I want the Bluetooth support to be able to connect my stereo Bluetooth
> headset and transfer files via OBEX to my Nokia E71 smart phone.
>
> Thanks!

> Amichai Rotman
>
> UIN#: 6401746
> Registered Linux User#: 201192 [http://counter.li.org/]
> Registered Ubuntu User #12851 [http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net]

> PLEASE READ: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

Skepticism is the lazy person's default position.
my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org