Hi all!

On Thursday 11 June 2009 16:59:32 Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Based on the gcc-4.4.0 (with -Os) / x86-Linux shared library sizes here:

> And the Visual C++/Win32 (also x86) .dll sizes here:

> My question is: why are the Visual C++ generated binaries so much smaller
> than the equivalent Linux ones? Any insights would be appreciated.

Replying to myself, I'd like to note that I recently fixed some build problems
in the Freecell Solver distribution, and after I was through, MSVC now
generates a larger .dll file, comparable in size to the gcc -Os one - i.e:
40K-50K. I guess it previously wasn't built correctly.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish