On Wednesday 20 May 2009 15:33:48 Aviram Jenik wrote:

> Second question: When I connect a USB keyboard it does not have the correct
> layout. I need to go to the keyboard layout and hit 'apply' for it to
> enforce the layout on the USB keyboard as well. Since xorg.conf is now
>

> pase', does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Answering my own question. This appears to be a known bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-evdev/+bug/376592

The workaround is to modify the console-setup variables that are read
by /usr/lib/hal/debian-setup-keyboard (the script that runs when a USB
keyboard is plugged in).

Change:
/etc/default/console-setup

and modify the XKBLAYOUT line to read: