On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 07:39 +0300, sara fink wrote:

>         Do you have the appropriate fonts installed (My Kopete has
>         access to
>         Nimbus Sans L, Culmus fonts and some others)?
>  I don't have the fonts that you use, but have others like aharoni
> clm, david clm, miriam clm.
> so far i use bitstream verasans

The CLM fonts are from Culmus.

>         The place for configuring character set encoding is
>         Settings/Configure.../Accounts, as the character set encoding
>         is configured on per-account basis:
>         - MSN Messenger does not allow you to set character set.
>         - Jabber and Google Talk do not allow you to set character
>         set.
>         - Yahoo does not allow you to set character set.
>         - ICQ: Modify.../Account Preferences/Default to the following
>         encoding
>         for messages
>
> i found that in my case is selected iso 8859-1 western and i see that
> there are 2 hebrew encodings iso-8859-8 hebrew visually ordered and
> iso-8859-8-1 hebrew logically ordered. which one should I choose?

Neither.  Choose utf-8 and ensure that the other side chose utf-8 as
well.
If you MUST choose one of the two Hebrew encodings, choose iso-8859-8i
(logically ordered).
                                               --- Omer

--
For the average human female, a cockroach is merely another name for a
walking turd.

I may be affiliated in any way.