Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:

Shachar Shemesh wrote:

Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:

Adb is running on all phones and you don't need to be root to install applications.

The Samsung Galaxy, at least as sold by Cellcom, does not run ADB by default. Even when I set "USB debugging", I cannot see the phone when I do "adb devices", and cannot connect to it (let alone install anything on it).
Not sure, but I'm guessing it might be a problem with your setup, rather then a Smasung imposed limit.

Are you sure you have set up the ADB udev rules correctly?
I'm connecting to other Android devices without a problem.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.