Hi,

I have a new laptop (Acer 5738 mentioned in a different thread) which I have a nagging problem with:

I have this nice and useful button right next to the touchpad, for disabling it (when working with mouse and using the keyboard and prefer not having pointer distracted by occasional touches on the touchpad while typing).

The problem is that when I use it, all is gute and the touchpad is disabled but when I try to re-enable the touchpad its still disabled. This is fixed only after a shutdown of the system, or "suspend" of it.

I failed to find any useful help on the web.

When I run hal-device or lspci (-v) I find nothing like "touchpad" or "synaptic".

Any tip?

Thanks,

Boaz.