On Oct 13, 2009, at 11:56 AM, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

Sorry, but I don't get it: Why do they use the Gnu Java instead of the openJDK? Fedora installs OpenJDK by default..

I did not "get it" either. One minute I'm happily running Sun's JRE at the 1.6 level and the next, a link was changed and I wasn't. I saved the old link.

Running the old link (as in after their change last night): /etc/ alternatives/java.old -version
java version "1.5.0"
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.3.3

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Running the link I fixed: /etc/alternatives/java -version
java version "1.6.0_16"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 14.2-b01, mixed mode, sharing)

Geoff.

--
geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Jerusalem Israel geoffreymendel...@gmail.com