On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 12:13:19PM -0800, eliyahu cohen wrote:
> [...]

Asterisk 1.4.x , for x > 21 , can be built to support either Zaptel or
DAHDI. This is a build-time decision. 1.6.0 and above only support
DAHDI. 1.4.21 and below only support Zaptel.

As a very practical test:

  strings /usr/sbin/asterisk | grep /dev | egrep 'zap|dahdi'

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzaf...@jabber.org | VIM is
tzaf...@cohens.org.il |                    |  best