Regarding the palm, you can still use the command line programs pilot-xfer
and memos to sync with it, so you are not dependent on whether any GUI
manager support it or not. I was myself using a palm up to about two weeks
ago when I got the near ultimate PDA/portable computer/Phone, the Nokia
N900. The N900 certainly fullfills all your requirements, except for the
price, as it is not cheap. Though not Hebrew localized, the applications,
the software and the hardware keyboards have full Hebrew support. I just
wrote my first home desktop widget last night, a Hebrew calender, in
Python/Gtk. It is laughably trivial.

Regards,
Dov