On Fri, Apr 23, 2010, Oron Peled wrote about "Re: [Haifux] [HAIFUX Workshop]
The Web Rant Workshop":
> E.g: the COO may get really pissed off to find that with all the
> money thrown at the company website, the result cause ~20% of potential
> visitor to stay out.

But can you honestly tell him that?

The sad truth is so many Israeli sites don't work properly in Firefox, that
many people have become used to working with two browsers: Normally they
use Firefox, or their iPhone, or whatever, but when they want to user their
bank's site and it doesn't work, they go to their Windows computer, and run
IE specifically for that. Since 99% of the users (not 80%) have Windows and
IE, only 1%, not 20%, are shut out. The other 19% may be slightly annoyed,
but not much more.

Your argument might better apply to sites whose business case especially
depends on non-IE browsers - e.g., sites intended for mobile users who use
iPhone or android or opera or whatever, not IE. But I assume that these
sort of sites already check that they work on their intended client
machines...

--
Nadav Har'El                        |       Sunday, Apr 25 2010, 11 Iyyar 5770