On 27/04/2010, at 05:52, Amos Shapira wrote:

> Hmmm.... possible plan: wait for iPhone 4G to come out, buy the 3GS
> for 10% its current price and install Android on it?

I like your way of thinking :)  I actually tried the install yesterday, ran
into problems, ran out of time, and walked away.  My iPhone 2G's current
functionality and data were all left intact.  If I could dual-boot a 3GS, I'd
be very very happy.

So far it's only for iPhone 2G, but I expect it'll be ported forward soon
enough.  The version of Android working now is 1.6, but it's expected that
newer versions will be a simple drop-in upgrade.  Also, not quite full
functionality yet.  Calling works, as does wifi, web browsing, and even
multi-touch, but apparently there are big chunks missing.  Not being a current
Android user, I couldn't tell you what they are.

--sambo