I have 220->16VAC.

 - yba

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:13:10 +0300
From: Shachar Shemesh <shac...@shemesh.biz>
To: linux-il <linux-il@cs.huji.ac.il>
Subject: A 12V *AC* power supply

Hi list,

I bought a USB connected logic analyzer for too much money (not that much).
When buying, I did a
mistake and not thought through the issues, and bought from a US supplier
without telling them this
needs to be a 220V country. As a result, I got an external power supply that is
110V, which outputs
12V AC at 1000mA (why they do not write "1A", I do not know).

To my shame, I actually bought a universal DC supply without noticing that it's
AC I need, and
started a support call with the company. They were very nice, and when we,
finally, found out the
source (I hope it is it), the guy said I could probably get by with 18VDC, but
it would strain the
capacitors (my math suggests that 15VDC is closer to the mark).

So, does anyone know where I can get a 12V AC power supply? They are not
exactly a commodity.

Thanks,
Shachar

--
 EE 77 7F 30 4A 64 2E C5  83 5F E7 49 A6 82 29 BA    ~. .~   Tk Open Systems
     - y...@tkos.co.il - tel: +972.2.679.5364, http://www.tkos.co.il -