From: geoffrey mendelson [mailto:geoffreymendel...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2010 19:45
To: Baruch Shpirer
Cc: 'Amichai Rotman'; 'linux-il Linux'
Subject: Re: asterisk and bezeq

On Oct 3, 2010, at 7:28 PM, Baruch Shpirer wrote:

> They have a voip service for home (076....) in which they give you an
> MP202 adapter with 2 FXS ports And also a hardcoded softphone but both
> need port 5060 UDP redirected inside to used computer/mp202 lan
> interface

Thanks. That is unfortunately nothing that I want. :-(  I already have
a similar adapter with a US line. It works perfectly fine without port
5060 redirect to it. I also do have an asterisk system, but it uses a
different SIP port. IMHO having port 5060 open to asterisk is a way of
finding the security holes in your asterisk system when you get your
monthly phone bill.

As for the phone number, I've had this 02 number for 14 years and
would like to keep it.

> I just got it for faxes as it cost 7.99/month without calls but
> calling from it isnt more expensive then bezeq
> Ill get it checked with asterisk soon enough

It's interesting that it works for faxes. Most VoIP won't unless you
have t.38 fax machines at both ends and t.38 fax support all along the
way. I think it will work with standard fax machines with ulaw or alaw
codecs, but they use a lot of bandwidth.

Thanks, Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
To help restaurants, as part of the "stimulus package", everyone must

!DSPAM:4ca8c14414479805944701!