Sorry for the crude question, but why would you want to do this?

Are you trying to run to different versions of apache for testing or for
some specific application need?

What advantages do two separate instances of the actual apache process
present over a multiple virtual host configurations? This usually covers 99%
of usage cases.

Just curious,

Tom.