On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:30:39AM +0200, Erez D wrote:
> hey,
>

> my NSLU2 just died ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSLU2 )
> I can replace it with a new one, however i was thinking - it has been long
> time since nslu2 showed up, and there must be a more powerful device
> available for a similiar price...
>
> I am actually looking for a cheap linux box, with usb2 and lan, which I can
> install a general purpose linux distribution on (e.g. debian and such. not
> openwrt which is good for routers, but not for other things like hosting a
> mail server etc ...)
>
> anyone knows of such a linux box ?

A few days ago someone wrote here about PandaBoard, and in a comment
in the mentioned article someone recommended a Seagate Dockstar:
http://www.semiaccurate.com/2010/10/04/after-beagleboard-comes-pandaboard/#comments
I did not verify the specs he mentioned, but if it's true, it's
much stronger than the average wireless router, and perhaps cheaper.
It's just not looking like a server - more like a part of a case of
one...
--
Didi