On 12/09/2010 07:45 AM, Omer Zak wrote:
> Several weeks ago I asked for opinions about using git vs. Mercurial for
> version-controlling a Website (http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/ Hebrew
> translation, to be specific; I want to allow the project participants to
> modify and upload the Hebrew translation, yet require any changes to be
> committed to a version control system, in order to prevent vandalism).
>
> Now I am reading about git, and encountered gitolite and gitosis.
> Is there anyone with experience with those applications and can
> recommend whether to use one of them and if yes, which?
Our group uses gitosis, and so far, it's been ok for our needs. However,
the development stopped a while ago, and while I'm still rolling out my
own custom patches sometimes, gitolite is the way to go. I'm going to
migrate it Any Time Now. As for vandalism, git is not the tool to solve
your problem. I can go and delete a branch on remote or unwind or modify
history to what my heart desires and what exactly is going to stop me?

--
Michael V.