On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 01:32 +0200, Elazar Leibovich wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Nadav Har'El
> <n...@math.technion.ac.il> wrote:
>         If two programs are virtually identical, have the
>         same features and quality, but one is written in C and takes 5
>         MB on disk
>         and memory and the second is in Java and has its own copy of
>         the JVM and
>         takes 25 MB on disk and memory - which of the two do you think
>         the
>         distributions will pick up? Which do you think users will end
>         up using?
>

> I seriously think that the one the end users will be using is the one
> with the pink background and cute kittens in the toolbar, regardless
> of whatever you mentioned. I don't think history proved that the best
> software is the most used software (ie, ADA vs C for real-time
> systems).

The above applies when the end users are women.
When the end users are men, the one that will actually be used will be
the one with the biggest tits.
(Apropos the joke about the manager who interviews three candidates for
position of his personal secretary.)

--- Omer

--
May the holy trinity of  $_, @_ and %_ be hallowed.