I'm trying to help someone run Einstein Writer under QEMU. I set up a virtual machine and installed FreeDos on it.

I found a demo of Einstein which is supposed to be a running version of it.

When I start it up, I get a few English words and a lot of junk on the screen. I assume I am missing installing Hebrew support in the virtual video card.

I did a web search and found a wikipedia entry for codepage 862. I tried to load it with the FreeDos command display con=(ega,862,1). It loads, but I still get garbage.

Any ideas?

Alternatively is there a way to convert EinsteinWriter files to something useable without Einstein itself?

Thanks, Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.