I think that analog DAQ with 30 channels would be an overkill for such
an application.

If you need to give each competitor 4 options, why not choose between
one of the following options:
1. 120 digital channels (5 digital DAQ modules at 24 channels each) and
provide each competitor with 4 channels, each one connected to its own
pushbutton.
2. If you prefer to build 30 4->2 encoders, each getting inputs from 4
pushbuttons and providing 2 digital outputs, then you'll need only 60
digital channels (3 digital DAQ modules, with 12 digital channels to
spare).

Of course, the final choice involves price tradeoff between:
- Analog DAQ with 30 channels + 4-pushbutton with resistors module
- Digital DAQ with 120 channels + simple 4-pushbutton module
- Digital DAQ with 60 channels + 4-pushbutton with encoder module

I assume that data processing speed is not a limiting factor.

--- Omer

--
In civilized societies, captions are as important in movies as
soundtracks, professional photography and expert editing.

I may be affiliated in any way.