On Wed, May 11, 2011, Yedidyah Bar-David wrote about "Re: Are Android questions
on topic here?":
> Isn't Android Linux?

I think Richard Stallman would point out that Android *is* Linux, but it
*isn't* GNU/Linux ;-)

That being said, I suspect that most Android discussions would *not* be about
its Linux kernel, but rather about its applications, its configuration, and so
on, which have very little (if anything) in common with the more typical Linux
distributions. So it might make sense to create a sister mailing list,
android-il, and dedicate linux-il for GNU/Linux only.

But I guess that I have no objections (quite the contrary) that Android
discussions continue to be held here, until the time is right to split the
mailing list. But I'm not on the cabal...

--
Nadav Har'El                        |     Wednesday, May 11 2011, 7 Iyyar 5771