Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda <ladyp...@gmail.com> writes:

> The OCR idea is indeed nice. However, it is only good for small
> amounts of data, or where the accuracy is not so important (English
> texts). It is not so good for Hebrew or data (numbers), not to
> mention binary data.

I thought you said the data you wanted to export was in plain text
files that someone could read and verify (for some definition of) that
the information in them is what it is supposed to be. This would imply
relatively small amounts of easy to parse data. I tried to think how
such simple files could be used by an attacker to transmit additional
unauthorized messages.

If you go binary (e.g., images) then an attack (of steganographic
type, at least) becomes so much easier, and I am not sure you can feel
safe without some trusted checksums for the files you wish to
export. I assume that, unlike AV, there will be no know signatures to
look for even if you know in advance what the contents of leaked data
are (the hidden message may be encrypted, etc.).

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | p...@goldshmidt.org