On Oct 23, 2011, at 11:13 AM, Nadav Har'El wrote:
Indeed. It is worth remembering that the diameter of a circle is a full 1.5708 (PI/2) times shorter than half its circumference, so if you can get the communication *through* the earth, you can make the latency 37% lower
than with traditional wires-over-the-surface communication technology.

If you are going that far, you can just install an oracle database, and have it serve you the data before you ask for it. Make sure not to get the Cassandra version, the data is unreliable.

:-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(