I need to calculate a one's compliment 8 bit (not 16 bit, not 2's compliment) checksum.

What would be really nice is a C subroutine I can call passing the number of bytes and a pointer to the data.

Any license I can use will be ok, I don't plan on distributing it, but if I do, source code will be included.

It's for use in a program that changes one field in a control file that is loaded into the ROM of a 1980's vintage embedded system.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(