2011/11/5 Shachar Shemesh <shac...@shemesh.biz>:
> On 11/05/2011 08:12 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 20:00, Tzafrir Cohen <tzaf...@cohens.org.il> wrote:
>
> Now I'm confused. Smoke signals can only be used on a face-to-face
> meeting nowadays, right?
>
> Shlomi is in Tel Aviv, that is in the west of the country. As we are
> entering Autumn, with westward winds, Shlomi can _receive_ smoke
> signals but his transmissions will be lost until Spring when the winds
> turn eastward again.
>

> You are not 100% correct. First, terminology wise, wind is named after the
> direction it is coming from, not the direction it is blowing to. As such,
> you need to reverse almost all east and west in your explanation.
>
> Also, while the Autumn and Spring are, indeed, the seasons in Israel where
> Eastern winds are expected, they are still not typical. The sea is too big
> of a heat sink to overcome so completely.
>
> Last, it is mostly the fog that will prevent Shlomi from seeing smoke
> signals, which are mostly going up anyways. As such, I suggest we do all
> smoke signals communications indoors, where visibility is better.
>
> So, we need a Cafe where we can set fire to the furniture. Since furniture
> filling, typically, burns with highly toxic smoke, be sure to bring your gas
> masks with you.
>
> Shachar

Thank you. I filed an RFE on the Easterly and Westerly components to
have them renamed to something more descriptive. I suggested
FromTheEast and FromTheWest but I do not know how keen on CamelCase
climatologists are.

As for the fog, that was closed as WORKSFORME within seconds of being
opened. I countered that the bug could not be reliably triaged at
night, I was them promptly banned from climatezilla.

As for burning the furniture, I suggest that we simply forego the
restaurant and meet at Shlomi's place. Shomi, does the couch have
enough wood to keep up warm the whole night w^w^w^w^w^w^w is the couch
big enough for all of us? Is there adequate ventilation (Shlomi posts
on /., so maybe not).

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il