wget2web

On 14/12/2011 03:32, Amos Shapira wrote:
2011/12/14 David Ronkin <dron...@gmail.com <mailto:dron...@gmail.com>>

    Call it asynchronously with ajax or jquery get/post - while waiting
    for response you can print whatever you what.

I second that - that's, for instance, how Google's auto-completion (of
addresses in gmail, search terms in search etc) works - it sets a
background JavaScript thread which runs every second in the background,
reads the input field's value and submit it to the server for process if
it changed (and pulls the results, of course). You can skip the "check
input field value" part in your case. There must be some JavaScript
libraries which can already help you there (http://jquery.com/ is the
first suspect, but there must be many more lying around).

Two less related points:

1. Make sure you verify the URL for any hockery-pockery (e.g. that it's
a genuine legitimate "http(s)://" URL and not, for instance
"file:///etc/passwd" or trying to break out of the shell parameter
quoting to inject its own shell commands or encoded javascript that can
be used for cross-site-scripting :)

2. While I'm looking for work, I might be available for such small jobs
(I'm not a JavaScript Guru, more of a server-side guy, but should be
able to do something like this with some research).

--Amos

    David

    --
    בברכה,