On Feb 5, 2012, at 1:22 PM, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:

Eh, reading comprehension failure on my part again: the OP's problem is not with home assignments but with school-wide distribution such as weekly schedule. This renders the Word requirement - or even a computer requirement - even less reasonable, IMHO. Making 5% - or 1% - of families to buy a computer and/or specialized SW just to view a schedule is totally unacceptable on financial grounds only.

In our case, the schools provide printed versions of the schedule. They also email it to make sure the parents get it, instead of it sitting forever in the student's book bag and then thrown on.

My wife uses Outlook (the commercial version, not the bundled email program) for scheduling and she can highlight and click items to put them into her schedule.

It's really a courtesy for the parents, not a requirement.

I do a lot of email back and forth with my youngest son's teacher because she uses terms like "next week", or "soon", etc, and I want exact dates.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(