Hi,

I usually access gmail over POP3 using fetchmail, which has always worked
fine. I was on a trip recently, and did not POP mail for about 8-9 days or
so. Since I returned (Thursday) POP keeps telling me that there is no mail
for me, even though there is, and I can access it over the web interface.

Has anyone else experienced anything like that or maybe heard of changes on
Google's side? They changed their privacy settings starting on Thursday,
but this should not have affected POP3, should it? Can someone else try?

The relevant part of my ~/.fetchmailrc is

server pop.gmail.com protocol pop3
    user o...@goldshmidt.org, with password *****, ssl, and fetchall, is
oleg here

The result is (there is unfetched mail, even some unread one):

$ fetchmail -vvv
Old UID list from pop.gmail.com: <empty>
Scratch list of UIDs: <empty>
fetchmail: 6.3.20 querying pop.gmail.com (protocol POP3) at Sun 04 Mar 2012
10:57:13 PM IST: poll started
Trying to connect to 173.194.67.109/995...connected.
fetchmail: Certificate chain, from root to peer, starting at depth 2:
fetchmail: Issuer Organization: Equifax
fetchmail: Unknown Issuer CommonName
fetchmail: Certificate at depth 1:
fetchmail: Issuer Organization: Equifax
fetchmail: Unknown Issuer CommonName
fetchmail: Subject CommonName: Google Internet Authority
fetchmail: Server certificate:
fetchmail: Issuer Organization: Google Inc
fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: Google Internet Authority
fetchmail: Subject CommonName: pop.gmail.com
fetchmail: pop.gmail.com key fingerprint:
B8:AF:A7:80:CD:E2:31:50:6F:ED:0E:4F:C8:04:D6:CD
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Gpop ready for requests from 85.64.105.229
u4pf20753560wia.0
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Capability list follows
fetchmail: POP3< USER
fetchmail: POP3< RESP-CODES
fetchmail: POP3< EXPIRE 0
fetchmail: POP3< LOGIN-DELAY 300
fetchmail: POP3< TOP
fetchmail: POP3< UIDL
fetchmail: POP3< X-GOOGLE-VERHOEVEN
fetchmail: POP3< X-GOOGLE-RICO
fetchmail: POP3< .
fetchmail: POP3> USER o...@goldshmidt.org
fetchmail: POP3< +OK send PASS
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Welcome.
fetchmail: selecting or re-polling default folder
fetchmail: POP3> STAT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 0 0
fetchmail: No mail for o...@goldshmidt.org at pop.gmail.com
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Farewell.
fetchmail: 6.3.20 querying pop.gmail.com (protocol POP3) at Sun 04 Mar 2012
10:57:15 PM IST: poll completed
New UID list from pop.gmail.com: <empty>
fetchmail: not swapping UID lists, no UIDs seen this query
fetchmail: Query status=1 (NOMAIL)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 1
$

--