On Tue, Mar 13, 2012, Elazar Leibovich wrote about "Re: Unicode in C":
> Something very important, one need to consider is Unicode normalization.
> That is, how to strip out the Niqud, and to substitute, say KAF WITH DAGESH
> (U+FB3B) with just a KAF (U+05DB) etc.

Is this really important? Does anybody actually use "Kaf with Dagesh" ?
Why does it even exist? :(

I noticed there are even more bizarre characters, like "HEBREW LETTER
ALEF WITH MAPIQ" (!?), "HEBREW LIGATURE ALEF LAMED", "HEBREW LETTER WIDE
ALEF", "HEBREW LETTER ALEF WITH QAMATS" (Is Yiddish called Hebrew now??)
"HEBREW LETTER ALTERNATIVE AYIN", and other junk. Why do these exit?
This is sad.

Nadav.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |                   Tuesday, Mar 13 2012,