On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 00:25 +0300, Michael Vasiliev wrote:
> On 05/22/2012 02:23 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > As probably most people on the list do, I try to get friends and
> > family off Internet Explorer. Recently on Slashdot there was mention
> > of a game that only works in Chrome:
> > http://getcrackin.angrybirds.com/
> >
> > Angry Birds is a popular game, and just sending this link to people
> > gets most of them to install Chrome! So I encourage other list members
> > to "suggest" this game to friends and family. Don't even mention
> > Chrome, let them discover that detail on their own.
> >
> So how's getting them off one proprietary insecure browser and onto
> another is going to help them? Especially with the all-too-familiar
> tactics like "it works only in our browser".

All those nitpicking arguments, in my opinion, overlook the white
elephant in the saloon:

Getting people and Websites off IE6-only support is doing them huge
favor.

If in doing them this favor, one needs to temporarily renounce the
prohibition of "works only in our browser" style behavior (even if it is
to uphold W3C standards without IE6 compatibility hacks), let it be.

--- Omer

--
MS-Windows is the Pal-Kal of the PC world.

I may be affiliated in any way.