On Sat, 26 Jan 2013, E.S. Rosenberg wrote:

Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 21:32:34 +0200
From: E.S. Rosenberg <esr+linux...@g.jct.ac.il>
To: Jonathan Ben Avraham <y...@tkos.co.il>
Cc: ILUG <linux-il@cs.huji.ac.il>
Subject: Re: [OT somewhat] DDOS attacks, where to report?

The customer/the ISP can purchase specialized firewalls to defend against
DOS/DDOS attacks.

Hi Eliyahu,
Which Israeli ISP's offer such services? Do any of them?

The subject of the attack can try to approach the local police and in some
cases they will work on taking down the botnet, see for instance Dutch police,
FBI and other European forces spending time on these cases.

Do the Israeli police actually investigate DDOS incidents originating in foreign countries?

But unless your friend shows that he is taking serious steps to prevent this
type of thing in the future no ISP has to allow him onto their network, there
are ISPs that specialize in hosting sites that are prone to being attacked but
the price is
obviously accordingly.

For example?

 - yba