Diego Iastrubni <elc...@kde.org> writes:

> A sound advice - if you don't see the device you want to buy on
> Cyanogen's list, don't buy it. In 2 years it will be useles if you
> cannot put newer software on it.

Sounds a bit harsh. A device cannot possibly become less useful with
time than it was when you bought it (barring a HW malfunction). If it
did then what it says on the tin it will still do it now, won't it?
Without any new software...

Functionality that did not exist or was not supported when you bought
your device will not necessarily be backported to your device's original
firmware or to the official updates thereof. This does not render the
device useless, just potentially a bit less future-proof than others.

[I cannot give a compelling example of such functionality, but I can
imagine it might exist.]

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | p...@goldshmidt.org