Hi,

Hopefully you will get or find a striate answer but as I follow this question for a long time with no actionable resoles I would:

1. Rephrase the question to: "Is anyone hear using or knows someone who uses a linux desktop application (not a web based site) for an IL business accounting?"

2. Consider using the old windows program in a virtual machine, it maybe even better then the present setup, as you can access it from other PCs in the network.
 *** you may need to make sure more then one concoction is not aloud, depending on the original software design ***.

HTH,
:-)

On 2014-02-10 00:16, E.S. Rosenberg wrote:
Hi all,
I know this subject has been dealt with in the past but since the field is fluid I'm bringing it up again.
A friend of mine manages the books for several zedaka funds, currently he still does this on an old DOS machine running chashavshevet, but the machine is starting to display some potential signs of problems so he is starting to look at other solutions.

Sadly (but understandably) gnucash is not Israel Tax Authority approved so it's not an option, are there any Linux friendly options or will they have to have a windows machine in the house again (I switched them to all linux + 1 dos about 1-1.5 years ago).

Thanks,
Eliyahu - אליהו