You can add capability of raw socket to the executable, hence run as
non-root.

Since what you're asking means potentially send illegal (unrouteable) IP
packets, I guess that indeed the kernel will require special privileges to
enable you to do that.

As I said, you can mitigate that with capabilities, or use the old method
of start as root, bind socket and drop privileges, or use a small server
creating such sockets running as root.