---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shlomi Fish <shlo...@shlomifish.org>
Date: Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Subject: Re: Satire: Emma Watson getting interviewed for a software
development position
To: Amos Shapira <amos.shap...@gmail.com>
Cc: Shlomi Fish <shlo...@gmail.com>, linux-il <linux-il@cs.huji.ac.il>

Hi Amos,

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 20:03:16 +1000
Amos Shapira <amos.shap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please don't send this sort of stuff here.

first of all - you should have trimmed the quoted part. Trimmed now.

Otherwise... why not? This post was:

1. On topic. Mentioned various technologies.

2. I know for a fact that many people enjoyed.

3. Insightful.

4. I've seen many job posts here that it referred to.

5. I'm a contributing member of this mailing list and a local Israeli.

6. It's CC-by-sa , which allows for a lot of reuse and fair use and for the
right price, I can make it CC-by too.

So why not? OK, I get it - it's fiction and funny and a satire. But to quote
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Peter_Ustinov , «Comedy is simply a funny way
of
being serious.» (which may not have been a 100% original sentiment). People
have shared jokes and stories from their life on Linux-IL in the past (see
http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/fortunes/tinic.html ) and I find it more
interesting than "Company X is looking for a Top Gun Linux Kernel Guru" or
"How
do I do [insert obscure feat here that no one except me cares about]" posts
which I also think are on-topic and worth sharing.

Many people get a knee-jerk reaction when someone posts fiction, but fiction
and satire is often as influential as a boring essay or rant, if not more.

I'd be glad to hear your opinion on this but please use inline posting to
reply to each point separately.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish