On 7/4/2014 8:56 AM, Shlomi Fish wrote:
Hi all,

I wish to go on a Summer trip to Europe (flight to Istanbul and then taking trains) where I:

ROTFL.

Not only do I not think this belongs on this list, but it's ridiculous.

If I were in a position to sponsor anyone for more than a felafel at a stand up kiosk, I would consider this so unreasonable that it's just laughable. As I said, IF I were going to fund someone, I might consider a plan that includes 2 $1,000 airplane tickets, and about $1,000 a week for hotel, food, transportation within each country and train fare to the next country, for a week in a country to give 4-5 FOSS lectures, and then move one. You probably could start in the Irish Republic and bounce along to the Russian Republic which would take around 15-20 weeks.

Or you could the same thing for about 1.5 times the money in the US, which would take an entire year, one week per state.

But not just for a vacation, or for sponsorship opportunity, you would have to show off your operating system that lots of people use, or your office suite, Nobel Prize, or Olympic Medal.

No use writing an editor, no one is interested in paying RMS to speak, especially since he, as president of the FSF, ex ex*/officio/* <https://www.google.co.il/search?es_sm=122&q=ex+officio&spell=1&sa=X&ei=yFi2U4mZIIK00wXM_IDQDg&ved=0CBkQvwUoAA>, announced he was supporting the Palestinian Boycott of Israel.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ
Jerusalem Israel.