I'm not an expert, but as I understand it,
https://shellshock.detectify.com can only check if your box is exposed
to the internet. So if you have an un-patched bash but you are, for
example, protected by a firewall, your un-patched bash wouldn't be
detected.

The site mentioned in the earlier post -
http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/25/what-is-the-shellshock/ is probably
better, because it checks the actual bash vulnerability.

But that's still not the entire story. Here's a link to another article
discussing patches that solve only part of the problem and explains
how to check if you have the latest patch:
http://www.zdnet.com/shellshock-better-bash-patches-now-available-7000034115/

--
Shlomo Solomon
http://the-solomons.net