On 12/17/2014 4:03 PM, Gabor Szabo wrote:
I've got this one:
http://www.dynamode.com/english/pages/product/Datacom%20Products/USB%20Products/USB-H40-A2-0.html

Is it plugged into the wall? If you don't use an external power source, it is in passive mode, which means the overhead of the hub, and all of the devices plugged into it can not be more than what the port supplies. I don't know what the Pi supplies, but the official standard is 500ma for USB 1 and 2.

If you plug it in, it will support the full 500ma (possibly more) to each device.

Since it is a 4 port hub, you want a 2000ma (2 ampere) supply.

Personally, I prefer the Apple 12 watt chargers as they really do supply slightly more than 2 amps without burning up. They are expensive, but IMHO worth it.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ
Jerusalem Israel.