Dan Shimshoni <danshi...@gmail.com> writes:

> I had installed Fedora 21 on x86_64 (server, and with kde). When
> installation started, I selected the language as "british english" and
> not "American English".

I am guessing the installation chose a British keyboard for you. This is
a bit surprising because Red Hat, unlike some other distros (we'll
protect the guilty) usually ask a separate queston about keyboard
layout.

> Now when I log in and press some keys, I get unwanted results.
> For example, when pressing @ I get the " character.

[snip]

> Any ideas how this problem can be resolved ?

I use a somewhat older Fedora, so YMMV, but in KDE open System Settings
-> Input Devices -> Keyboard Settings -> Layouts and select what suits
you (I assume American + Israeli?).

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | p...@goldshmidt.org