Hi,

Do people here keep EC2 instances running?
Do you leave it running 24/7 or do you fire them up when you need them?

I'd like to run my own EC2 instance running $10 Jira + $10 Confluence (+$10
some extra useful add-ons) (to clarify - these are one-off $10 for each
product), but can't justify running a $30/month small EC2 (and perhaps
more, Jira alone requires 1.5-2GB of RAM) just to be used at most a few
hours a month if not less.

But logging in to the console to fire it up (or through aws cli, or using
an Android based app) every time I want to access it also would be
inconvenient.

So is there another way?

Thanks,

--Amos