Hi everyone,

My employer, weka.io[1] is holding a lecture about the D programming
language. D is a language designed for system programming, but also to
have features one has come to expect from a modern object oriented
language.

Personally, I am not a huge fan of D. My relationship with C++ is better
than most, and I judge other languages in relation to what C++ has to
offer to those who managed to overcome its insane complexity. With that
said, D is faring much better in passing the "pissing Shachar off" test
than any other modern language. For comparison's sake, I could not stand
Python, and would only tolerate Java for small projects. I will not
mention Javascript for fear of having a heart attack.

Anyways, the lecture takes place on Sunday, February 15 at 19:00 in
Weka's offices in Tel Aviv. Formal invitation can be seen at
http://www.shemesh.biz/files/D%20EVENT%20Invitation.pdf. Please RSVP if
you intend to come.

Shachar

1 - which is also the web address. Where have the world gone to? When I
opened Lingnu, I chose the name partly because it had an available .com.
Now we include the top level domain into the actual company's name. So
the company's web site is http://weka.io. Not that there is anything of
substance in the sole web page that's there...[2]

2 - Criticism over the company's choice of name and web site content
should, in no way, be considered as criticism of the actual company.
I've been working there for a little under half a year, and have been
enjoying pretty much every aspect of it. I love the people, the
technology, the product and its prospects (i.e. - how usable it is to
its potential customers).