Usually emerge, equery, revdep-rebuild (reverse depency rebuild)  in gentoo
offers how to solve a problem. But I guess you don't use gentoo.

Maybe as a workaround you can use these tools to search on the web and see
all the dependencies that are needed. Maybe a little out of scope
suggestion see these links:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Embedded
http://www.anticore.org/ratgentoo/