On Thu, 2016-01-28 at 15:55 +0200, Beni Cherniavsky-Paskin wrote:

> Brain dump & tips on starting with IPv6 [I imagine Shachar knows all
> this but for others, including future me ;-]:

A nice brain dump!

To complement the brain dump, I'd like to see advice, from anyone who
has experience with this, about securing the hosts against intruders via
both IPv4 and IPv6 - in other words, per host firewall.

The reasons for this are:
1. The firewall in Bezeq's router is turned off in Beni's setup.
2. Those of us, who are not willing to switch to Xfone yet wish to
breathe the IPv6 pixie dust, will need to use IPv6 over IPv4 tunnelling.
It means that the computer running the tunnel will need an IPv6 firewall
around the local tunnel's endpoint.

Another piece of advice desired is as follows.
How to configure the home network so that:
1. It'll use IPv6 internally.
2. Communicate with the outside world via both IPv4 and IPv6 tunnel.
3. When your ISP finally starts to support IPv6, switching the home
network to pure IPv6 would be piece of cake.

--- Omer

--
According to Jean Boutcher, I am "a baby man, whining".

I may be affiliated in any way.