I hope this is not OT - and if it is - sorry.

I recently started "playing" with controlling simple devices using the
PI GPIO pins - trivial things like controlling a LED or servo.

I want to experiment with some analog sensors - temperature, magnetic,
etc. There are several kits available, but from comments I've read
about most of them, they are not "really" meant for the PI and the best
way to use them is to connect the PI to an Arduino.

I have absolutely no knowledge about the Arduino, but I've seen clones
advertised on e-bay for less than $2 - link below.

Can anyone tell me if this as actually a working solution and if the
low price is actually possible?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-Pro-Mini-atmega328-5V-16M-Replace-ATmega128-Arduino-Compatible-Nano-/152160908037?hash=item236d7f3305:g:MMcAAOSw2GlXLD~U

--
Shlomo Solomon