Hi Rabin and all!

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Rabin Yasharzadehe <ra...@rabin.io> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I inherited a legacy application/code which was originally written in
> PHP4, and letter on was "upgraded" to PHP5.
>
> the code is (mostly) a collection of individual pages which are stitched
> some how together to form a working web-application.
>
> the code base is quite big and I'm looking for a tool which can create
> some sort of a (visual) work-flow view of the code, just so I could get a
> overview of the application.
>
> I googled a bit and found a tool called phpCallGraph which won't run and
> it seems is not minted any more.
>
> Some one on stackoverflow
> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2719734/php-application-flow-graph-or-function-call-graph>
> suggested to use xdebug profiling option and visualize the result with
> KCacheGrind, but it didn't give me what is hopping for - a workflow.
>
> Do anyone have any suggestion for a tool which can help me to get a
> work-flow for the application ?
>
> Thanks in advance

I don't have a 100% working suggestion off hand, but perhaps this old
article about reflecting/introspecting PHP code will help -
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/php/2007/04/26/code-as-data-reflection-in-php.html
. In addition, perhaps writing something using a PHP parser will work.

--
Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/

You can never truly appreciate The Gilmore Girls until you've watched it in
the original Klingon.